Going to the dermatologist can be intimidating. The idea of having your skin examined may make you nervous, but don’t let it stop you from this potentially life-saving exam!
Here are a few things that you can do to help prepare for your visit:
- Please bring your photo ID and insurance information to all of your visits
- Please remove all makeup and nail polish before your visit
- Please bring an up-to-date list of all your current medications and allergies
How to Prepare for your Surgery:
- Continue taking any medications prescribed to you by your primary care doctor including aspirin, Coumadin (warfarin) or other blood thinners.
- If you are taking Coumadin please call the office a week before your appointment. We will check your INR 1-2 days before surgery to make sure it is within appropriate limits for surgery
- Pick up a small jar of Vaseline or Petroleum jelly at the store—you will need it for wound care after surgery!